Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Retreating Season

My male perspective on women's retreats is that there are two seasons--Spring and Fall. Shelly doesn't get many invitations to speak at retreats in the winter or summer. She is in Ecuador as I write, but that's not really a retreat, and Quito is the land of eternal Springtime anyway! So far this year Shelly has done retreats at:

  • Canon Beach, Oregon
  • Camp Elim, Woodland Park, Colorado
  • Colorado Springs, Colorado
  • Monte Vista, Colorado
The ladies always come away blessed, as does Shelly. Her main theme this year is the goodness of God, matching the title of her new book. Challenging ladies to come to terms with God's goodness stimulates deep soul work for many. Contact Shelly about speaking at a retreat for your church.

I went along as chauffeur to the Monte Vista retreat. Usually Shelly invites a girl friend to accompany her but none of her friends were free, so I decided drive her the 3+ hours from Colorado Springs. It was a good thing. She slept most of the way there!

While the ladies were retreating I climbed a mountain--my own personal retreat. The fellow at left was guarding the way (Blanca Peak in the background). Colorado in May is awesome!

Glen

No comments: