When I was thirteen, I had a strong call from God to serve Him in China, after all, I was born in Taiwan and spoke the language! It was 8 years later when God refined that call to being absolutely willing to go anywhere and be anything for Him! How thankful I am for that, because He freed me to fall in love with Glen (who was not interested in service in China) and serve Him in South America for 20 years! I believe God put a Latin heart in this girl who was "made in Taiwan!"
Now after all these years, God is doing something about that original call. The translation into Chinese of Kitchen Table Counseling (the book I wrote with my mother) has begun! God is opening ministry to Chinese people in a way far beyond anything I could have dreamed.
Add to that wonder the fact the my mother, who was born in Foochow, China, also had a call to China. My parents served in Taiwan for 16 years and for them this is also the fulfillment of a dream beyond imagination! We are amazed at God's mysterious and wonderous ways.
Please pray for the couple doing the translation. They are Chinese living in China and we cannot begin to comprehend the challenges they face.
Other recent translation projects are also doing well. The Albanian translation of Holy Habits is complete and reports tell us that the response is overwhelming. We recentlyly received funding for a Kinyarwandan (spoken in Rwanda) translation of Holy Habits. Many of the translations have to be funded as missions projects since publisheres (if they even exist) don't want to work in languages without a strong Christian market. My co-author, Mimi Wilson, will be living in Rwanda as of November of this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment