In 2009 I travelled to the Paraclete office in Gilbert, AZ every month except June. I've cut back this year--as a cost-saving measure, and also because I'm no longer getting to know the operations and the staff like I was at first. I've just done two trips so far this year. Shelly and I were able to make both trips together this year. I'll go again alone the end of June. Each trip is filled with cherished face-to-face time with Paraclete staff and the local associates. (We are more accustomed to screen-to-screen communication!)

In May our trip coincided with a board meeting so we decided to drive to Phoenix with a board member and his wife, Cal and Mimi Wilson. What a great trip! We spent a night in the Navajo nation on the way down, to see where Cal had done some of his early medical work. Volkhardts and Wilsons have had the privilege of picnicking in the US, Ecuador and Jordan. The stop at right was in Saguache, Colorado on the way to Phoenix. Shelly and I stayed on after the board meeting and drove home a week later.
Glen
No comments:
Post a Comment