That's how Ecuadorians refer to their country. "Middle" because it straddles the equator. Shelly is there as I write. It is her first trip in a long time. We lived in Quito for 20 years ('79 - '99) and she was involved in the leadership of Camino de la Luz, a Bible study program mainly for women. They are celebrating their 30th anniversary and they invited her to speak at their banquet! Once the trip was scheduled other ministry opportunities came up. At last count, Shelly was speaking at five different events in six days and doing several live Spanish radio interviews with HCJB. As you can imagine, after living there for so many years, every spare minute will be taken up visiting with friends. I extracted a promise that she would rest, but I expect it will take her a week to recover from all the fun.Glen
No comments:
Post a Comment