Last year I participated in a small-group online journey using material from Inner Life Ministries (formerly known as Aphesis) called Untying the Knots of the Heart.
According to the Inner Life Ministries website it is a "unique small-group journey that God uses to help Christians face their struggles, identify root causes of their brokenness, and find new freedom and joy in Jesus Christ." It is a strongly biblical 12-lesson process that provides tools and helps people heal and thrive.
Several Paraclete associates are involved in facilitating groups and working with the administration of the program. I wanted to take the course not only to add to my ministry toolbox, but also to grow personally.
Paraclete Associate Kathie Carlson (below with me) was our facilitator, and it was a significant experience. It was good for my own soul and it was wonderful to be led by Kathie! From the beginning, I knew I wanted to take the facilitator training. I completed that in March of this year!
Shelly and Kathie in Glorieta, New Mexico
This fall I plan to begin two in-person groups and one online. My prayer is that we will all grow, understand the Lord's work in our lives, and learn more of His healing for our heart-wounds.


No comments:
Post a Comment