Sunday, October 24, 2010

Our Grandson Conor

During August and September we had the joy of babysitting Conor four days a week, nearly 12 hours a day! It was such a treat. Alot of everyday things were put on hold while I focused on being with him. We sang every day, played in the park, read and spent alot of time just snuggling. Glen often joined us at the end of his long day to take Conor to swing or slide down the slide.

When Conor first started coming, he fit easily under our patio table on the back porch, but by mid-September, he bumped his head repeatedly. I am still amazed at how quickly little ones grow!

It was sheer delight to take Conor to the grocery store - it DID take a lot longer to do the shopping but he has a very friendly personality and charms people wherever he goes. He makes people smile and I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of that. One thing I believe strongly in is giving the joy, that God has given me, away. Conor helped me fulfill that goal many times.

A dear friend gave us a hotel room at a lodge up in the mountains in August. Conor and his mother, Tiffany, joined us for part of that time. What fun we had with him in the swimming pool!

Right now, I'm not babysitting but Culver spends two afternoons a week caring for Conor. Glen and I enjoy getting to steal a kiss or hug, or read to him while he's here. Culver and Tiffany continue to need prayer as they sort out their relationship and how to best parent Conor without being a couple.

Conor will be 18 months old this week. He is such a precious little guy and we are thankful for any time we can have with him!

No comments: