Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Feedback from Shelly's Ministry

Ministry this fall has been busy, I’ve been awed at how God is working in women’s hearts. The new series I’m doing this year 9/2009 - 5/2010 is on the goodness of God. One message is on His goodness as He heals our shame and guilt. Another one is on His sovereignty over our lives. It has been exciting to see how God has used them in many women’s lives. Many of you pray for my meetings. Alot of times, I don't have time or know how to give an accurate assesment of what God did. Sometimes, apart from comments immediately after the event, I don't hear for months or years! I try not to "need" feedback but God often encourages me by having someone send a letter or e-mail. Below are some bits that have come in recent weeks. May they encourage you to keep praying, your prayers are being answered!

From a woman who attended a conference two years ago:
I signed up for one of the one-on-one talk times with you and shared about my frustrations and pains...One of the things you told me was to offer that as a "love gift" to the Lord. It made a difference that you said "love gift" instead of "sacrifice" and encouraged me to say, "Lord, I love you more than my desire." Thank you very much for speaking wisdom to me. It has been a great help not only in the specific issue at the time, but in other problem areas I've had since then. Thanks again. Your words brought great help to my emotional life and sanity, and strengthened my faith. You've helped me so much…

From the women’s ministry director of a church in Oregon:

"We are praying and planning for this retreat and really looking forward to it. Your reputation has certainly gone before and there are women who are coming because they have such meaningful memories of when you were here before.”

From a leader who just finished teaching a study on our Holy Habits book:

“How thankful we are, that God gave us the gift of this study at this point in time. …We thank you as well for your prayers for us. The presence of the Holy Spirit was strongly felt and many “got” things they never had before. Another ingredient was the content of your book and the fact that it faithfully turned us to God and His Word.”

From a woman who attended a Kitchen Table Counseling seminar and heard a message on Guilt and Shame:

"I wanted to tell you...how impacted I was by the things you shared at both sessions. Your entrance into my life has been instrumental in some interesting changes. I find myself often asking, or should I say the Spirit does, 'What's that you have in your hand?' Then I get to decide if I want to surrender it or if it's something I need to surrender. Love it! Thank you for being available to His calling in your life and sharing with us, with me."

No comments: