Sunday, October 24, 2010

God's Work Among Women in the Rocky Mountains

I spent the second weekend in October surrounded by the gorgeous Rocky Mountains at Trail West Christian Camp. Mountain Springs Church has been our home for the past 6 1/2 years. This was the second time I'd been invited to speak for the women's retreat. Our theme was Basking in God's Goodness. We tried to have a laid-back schedule to give women time to bask in the physical beauty surrounding them, have time with God and meet new friends.

It was a significant time. I had the joy of leading two single mothers to Christ. The testimony time was incredible, one woman declared that she had decided to divorce her husband after the retreat (she had no biblical grounds) but that God got hold of her heart and she was going home to "make my marriage work!" It's very humbling to watch God work and have a small part in it!

No comments: