Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bridge Builders International (BBI)

Bridge Builders International is a mission that works to see Latvia transformed by the love and power of Jesus Christ.  It was founded in 1994 by Chuck and Nancy Kelley, friends of ours from college days.  Chuck claims that one of the first bridges he built was between Shelly and me, since he loaned us his car for our first date in 1975!  These days, Chuck is busy building living bridges to, in and from Latvia; these vital partnerships between churches, organizations and individuals enable all to be equipped, encouraged and strengthened in their ministries. 

Chuck had a great graphic of those bridges (pictured at left) at a meeting Shelly and I attended at the Latvian Cultural Center in Denver earlier this month.

We have stayed in touch and prayed for each other's families and work through the years, and beginning in December I will serve on the BBI board.  BBI and Paraclete are like-minded ministries.  BBI's work in encouraging Latvians to take up the Great Commission is the "bull's eye" of what Paraclete is about these days, coming alongside the global missions community.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very happy that you are joining our board. I look so forward to spending more time with both you and Shelly in the months and years to come.