Back to All Recent Posts
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Cross-Cultural Training at Missionary Aviation Fellowship
A week after I returned from Chile, I flew to Missionary Aviation Fellowship (MAF) headquarters in Idaho. Glen and I have associated with MAF people for years and enjoy a oneness of heart with them in ministry goals and perspectives. It was an honor to spend a day with their missionary appointees, drawing on my years of cross-cultural experiences. My goal was to waken them to the challenges and opportunities that crossing cultures provides. There were eleven of them-- educators, pilots, mechanics and their spouses (I call them "spice"!)--going all over the world--Africa, Asia, the Middle East and South America. It was a unique way to multiply our experience and efforts over our many years of missionary service. Glen and I hope to go together the next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment