In July, I spent 10 days in Chile, traveled to four cities and spoke to over 1,200 women! It was a marathon trip. Both flights to and from Chile were overnight flights. Then, from Monday morning until 3 am Friday morning, I had only 12 hours in a bed! Much of the time that most people are in bed, I was traveling with the team from Mundo Hispano, Casa Bautista to the next city.

In this picture, I am praying for the host of one of two live, studio radio interviews. I did many others on the phone, some from a car or bus as we travelled, other times sitting at a meal, etc... It was lots of fun, reminiscent of our radio days at HCJB in Ecuador!

Women came to the meetings, hungry and eager to learn. They sat for hours, taking notes, laughing and crying with me as we looked into God's Word for ways to encourage hurting women. God gave me language, strength, and insight even when I was too tired to think!
Some of the highlights were: There were no "Gringos" around, even the missionaries were Latin missionaries! What a joy to see capable, godly Latins stepping up to fulfill the Great Commission! Women who came to the meetings in November shared how their lives had been impacted by the teaching, how they had begun encouragement ministries as a result of my previous visit!
I sought to live the example of a servant. Many evangelical leaders in South America have not displayed servant's hearts and there is a growing disillusionment among God's people. There were many opportunities to encourage, counsel and minister even on buses, planes, etc...

At every altar call, women responded in droves! There were many tears, confessions and believing God for new work in their lives. Pray that God will continue to meet their soul's longing.
No comments:
Post a Comment