Saturday, December 29, 2012

WALLS OF PEARLS

At each retreat I have spoken at over the past year, we had a “wall of pearls” where the women jot down “pearls”--their “take-aways”--gleaned from each session.

Shelly at Pine Valley Bible Conference Center
The pearls are responses to the messages from Colossians that I’ve been teaching this past year. I wish you could see the walls covered with multi-colored sticky notes, some draw their feelings, others do creative origami but all share their hearts. I’ve collected a sample of the pearls. Some of them are below. Hopefully as you read them, you’ll get a glimpse of what God is doing in women as a result of your prayers and giving.
 
  • The “with Christ, in God” demonstration! Wow! Thank you! That nothing can get to me except through God. Wow! What Peace!
  • The red of a stoplight can be a holy habit opportunity to thank Jesus for dying for me.
  • The verse-I am chosen and dearly loved!! WOW! Me—me—I’m chosen! Do you believe it? And not just loved—but dearly loved!
  • God will take you as deep as you want to go. Keep pursuing.
  • Nobody can touch me unless they/it passes through the Father Filter
  • I have my whole life to learn, grow, give – it doesn’t have to come all at once.
  • Being beloved is my identity.
More Pearl's

No comments: