Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Books

I got back from Oregon and literally buried myself in the Goodness of God manuscript. Working 8-10 hours a day, I finally got the manuscript to the editor early last week! She is in Mexico while her husband is doing ministry and Mimi is in Rwanda. It isn’t unusual for me to talk to both of them on Skype in one day-going around the world! The process of writing this book represents who we are and what our lives have been very well! Have spent many more hours on the book this week, since I sent in the manuscript-that was not planned. It has crowded out other things I had hoped to accomplish but the final product will be something that will truly honor the Lord.

One day when I was wondering if the incredible investment-sacrifice- of time going into the book was worth it, we received an inquiry about translating Kitchen Table Counseling into Chinese! It would be used as a tool for pastor’s wives, who cannot attend training sessions because of the danger to their lives. Having KTC translated into Chinese is a dream for my mom. It would be coming full circle from her ministry years ago in Taiwan. That same day, we also got an inquiry about translating Holy Habits into Persian for Iran! Yes, yes, it’s worth it!!!

Since we last wrote, we received a copy of Kitchen Table Counseling in Romanian! We are so excited about that. The seminary that uses Holy Habits in Russian just printed several thousand more copies! A friend of ours from Ecuador days who lives now in Moscow is using Holy Habits in Russian to teach her Bible studies! Yes, yes, it’s worth it!!!

No comments: