I continue to receive notes, e-mails and phone calls confirming that God did something special in each of the meetings I asked you to pray about! The Thursday night meeting at my parent’s church was very sweet. The emcee was so moved when she got up to close the meeting that she could barely talk. Many ladies told me that it spoke deeply to them. Friday the day Mission ConneXion began, I was so frightened that I shook most of the day, especially when we went to the evening session and I saw the daunting set-up, huge TV screens, tons of people, etc… But on Saturday-the day of the major event, no fear, no nerves, just joy and excitement at being God’s instrument! He is so amazing!!! The Spanish Holy Habits seminar went smoothly and the end result was that one lady bought 25 copies of the book for her church ladies to study.
Back to All Recent Posts
Monday, January 19, 2009
MissionConexion, Portland Oregon
The meetings for Mission Connexion Northwest in Oregon January 14-18 went well--beyond all my hopes and dreams! The Lord did something sweet and gave me the hearts of the audiences, who were pointed to His faithfulness, love and desire to use the earthen vessels that we are! The fact that I was a woman, told stories, used examples of personal sorrow and victory, and made it practical through suggesting many holy habits, made my messages a contrast to the other much more famous and experienced speakers.
I continue to receive notes, e-mails and phone calls confirming that God did something special in each of the meetings I asked you to pray about! The Thursday night meeting at my parent’s church was very sweet. The emcee was so moved when she got up to close the meeting that she could barely talk. Many ladies told me that it spoke deeply to them. Friday the day Mission ConneXion began, I was so frightened that I shook most of the day, especially when we went to the evening session and I saw the daunting set-up, huge TV screens, tons of people, etc… But on Saturday-the day of the major event, no fear, no nerves, just joy and excitement at being God’s instrument! He is so amazing!!! The Spanish Holy Habits seminar went smoothly and the end result was that one lady bought 25 copies of the book for her church ladies to study.
When it came time for the plenary session, my little sister and dear friend Lois Vos were so nervous for me that they paced in the back of the church! But I was only excited, not nervous! The practical part of holy habits for praying for missions and missionaries seemed to really impact people. They loved the stories of what God is/has been doing and I was able to refer to both Josh MacDowell’s message and Dr. Sameh’s message and give the audience holy habits for applying some of the things they talked about too!
I continue to receive notes, e-mails and phone calls confirming that God did something special in each of the meetings I asked you to pray about! The Thursday night meeting at my parent’s church was very sweet. The emcee was so moved when she got up to close the meeting that she could barely talk. Many ladies told me that it spoke deeply to them. Friday the day Mission ConneXion began, I was so frightened that I shook most of the day, especially when we went to the evening session and I saw the daunting set-up, huge TV screens, tons of people, etc… But on Saturday-the day of the major event, no fear, no nerves, just joy and excitement at being God’s instrument! He is so amazing!!! The Spanish Holy Habits seminar went smoothly and the end result was that one lady bought 25 copies of the book for her church ladies to study.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment