Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Palm Ministries

I was at a board meeting of Palm Ministries on Saturday (2/7). It was great to see the friends I've made with the men and women on the board over the last few years. The Lord is using the missionaries of Palm in powerful ways. They see God work and they have very little in the way of funding and resources. One of our most difficult discussions had to do with a family that may have to be separated because of immigration issues.

I got a chance to visit with my parents and one of my sisters while I was in the area. They live in Sarasota and I had not seen them in a good while. It was good to be there. I always do some "IT stuff" for them while I'm in town. This time the project included ordering broadband service so they are more connected than ever!

I always try to have a Grouper sandwich while I'm in Sarasota. This time we enjoy a great sandwich at Mar Vista on the Sarasota Bay on Long Boat Key. This Blue Heron was enjoying lunch as we did, near New Pass where Dad works as a bridge tender.

No comments: