While I was in Ecuador, I had the joy of visiting with Manuela Grefa who was a part of our lives for 19 years while we lived there. Our family continues to support her ministry in the jungles of Ecuador near the mighty Napo River which is part of the headwaters of the Amazon. (See more of her story the 2015 post: An Amazing Kingdom Story.)
Manuela is wrestling with discouragement over her people's (Quichua) lack of commitment to Christ. She's been mistreated and misunderstood to the point where she has questioned the salvation of many who call themselves "Christians." I left her with passages of hope from God's Word, prayed for her and encouraged her, like the prophets of old, to stay faithful, even when all those around her seem to be falling away. Please pray for Manuela and her faith, please continue to pray that she will be salt, light and the fragrance of Christ all over her province. A discouraged servant of the Lord is a sad thing--may her sadness be turned into dancing over His miraculous works!

No comments:
Post a Comment