Monday, October 31, 2016

Our Health

Thank you for your prayers for our health!

Glen's Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma is being controlled beautifully.  He's very faithful using the special cream that the Lord led him to.  Also, about every 6-8 months, when lesions begin to get red and evident on his skin, he goes on a 4-day zero-calorie fast (see this post 2015 Cancer Update for further explanation).  Several weeks after the fast, the lesions heal up and even the scars aren't evident!  We are SO thankful that the Lord led him to these ways of managing the cancer!  He saw the dermatologist last week who said that all looked good and not to come back for a year!  Yahoo!

I'm actually doing quite well, although there have been several challenges in the past few months.  It took me about 6 weeks to get back to normal activity after the cracked ribs from my fall in June.  The culprit was just an uneven sidewalk and I wasn't even wearing cute shoes! 

I had another scare after being in Kentucky at MissioNexus.  We returned home very late on a Saturday night. During the night I got up feeling a bit ill.  The next thing I knew, I was on my hands and knees on the slate floor in our bathroom with my two front teeth severely chipped and an ugly busted lip.  We were scheduled to fly out very early on Monday morning for Mexico City where Glen and I were to participate in the COICOM. Instead, I was sitting in the dentist chair on Monday morning!  When Glen was satisfied that I could stay alone, he went on to the conference, several days later. The wife of one of our COICOM board members was able to take my seminar, on the spur of the moment.  While Glen was gone, I stayed in bed for a week and a half, resting, and studying for my next two ministry trips.  It was a gift to be able to truly rest and spend many unexpected hours in preparing for teaching many hours in the upcoming days. 

There is nothing wrong with me!  I've just got the tendency to pass out when I've been under a lot of stress. Please pray that I'll learn to recognize the symptoms before passing out next time and be able to prevent it!

1 comment:

Sharon Smith said...

Golly, Shelly!
This is a scary story...I take it you've gone to your doctor to get checked out?

Pulling back from all your many responsibilities may be in order...

Know that we love you. Take good care of yourselves.

Sharon Smith