Monday, September 14, 2015

Shelly's Fall Schedule

KTC Seminar @ Grace Chapel in Denver
Our home served as a “soul hospital” this summer, with wounded souls coming for a meal, a few days or a long talk and prayer.  The Fall schedule really kicked off for me at the end of August with two evenings of Kitchen Table Counseling training at Grace Chapel in Denver.  Sixty two people attended the sessions and feedback indicated that they got what they hoped for! Two women even shared that their lives had been radically impacted by what the Holy Spirit convicted them of during the seminar!   May they now use it for His glory.

I leave in the morning for the first of many trips this Fall and am acutely aware that without prayer I might as well not even go!  Thank you for being willing to stand in the gap!

Here goes:

Sept 15
Fly to Santa Ana, CA

Sept 16
All Day Kitchen Table Counseling Training

Sept 18-20
Speaking 4 times and teaching two Praying in Color seminars at Hartland Camp for 225 women from churches all over Central CA

Sept 30-Oct 5
Baton Rouge, LA for Women’s Conference for 50-60 ladies

Oct 12-18
Colombian Pastor’s Daughter, Ana, here for soul restoration.

Oct. 30-Nov 1
Women’s Conference near Steamboat Springs, sharing the teaching with Mimi Wilson.

Nov 7
All Day Kitchen Table Counseling Training for Rocky Mountain Community Church, Centennial, CO

Nov. 17-23
Chicago, IL for Glen to attend the Leadership Development Counsel.  We will also visit with Paraclete Associates, meet with some Paraclete Board members and I hope to reconnect with some close friends.

Dec 3-10
Bogotá, Colombia where I will do several large events for women, including an all-day KTC training for ladies in church leadership—(all in Spanish, of course!)

It takes me about a week to get back to feeling like myself after speaking and travelling. However, Praise God, that I’m stronger and healthier than I’ve been in a long time!  Besides travel and major speaking events, I really need prayer for what we do here locally on a regular basis.

  • I work alongside Glen on the Paraclete Personnel committee.  We have a steady stream of applicants which requires me to contact and interview their references (nailing people down for a 20 min phone call is challenging!!)  We also host candidates and other Paraclete related friends for meals and coffee.
  • We host and lead our home group every other Tuesday night—(think cleaning the house, getting snacks ready, setting up chairs etc….then take down afterwards.)  I also try to have some kind of personal, private contact with each woman who is a part of our group.
  • When I’m in town, I meet with 10 women on a somewhat regular basis, mentoring, counseling and encouraging.  I also spend quite a bit of time on the phone, listening and praying with women,
  • There’s a lot of communication and prep work required for each trip and speaking event.  That often gets undone because of the other more pressing things.  However, I’ve got to keep interacting with retreat coordinators, and other folks who need their questions answered for way out into the future. 
  • I LOVE the opportunities God gives me to serve!  Sure hope this doesn’t sound like complaining—it’s not!  BUT we can’t minister without back-up!!  Have been deeply struck lately with how often Paul the Apostle asked for personal prayer in his letters! 

Thank you!  With many hugs and much love!

Shelly

No comments: