Thursday, September 10, 2015

Cancer Update

I saw my dermatologist today and he couldn't find any cancer! It's been an interesting month.  In late July my CTCL skin cancer returned after having been dormant since February. Since prayer and fasting had been so effective on the cancer before, I did another three-day zero-calorie fast in August. The fasts have never had an impact on the cancer during a fast, but about a week after each fast I've seen progress. By the time I could get an appointment with my dermatologist three weeks after the fast, the lesions were almost gone. My doctor didn't see anything but some lingering scars.  I'm not sure he believed that it had flared up July!

There is some new science that may explain how the fasts could be so effective.  I won't go into the detail here.  If you're interested, here is a USC news report and a Cell Stem Cell journal article on the impact of fasting on the immune system.

No comments: