Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Kitchen Table Counseling in Ireland and Latvia

January 26 I embarked on a 32 day trip. Thanks to much prayer, all the funding came in just before we left. In all, I was on 12 planes, 17 trains, multiple buses and walked many miles,
mostly in the cold with snow and rain. I spoke in 17 sessions, met one-on-one with 10 women for counseling, spoke to three large groups for extended times and five small groups. We ministered to women in government and Gypsy ladies--women from every social strata and financial background!  

My prayer partner and frequent travel companion, Beth Travis, and I went first to Ireland. We did a three day Kitchen Table Counseling seminar with Latvian women which required translation. The women soaked up all that I taught. Since we were going to spend 16 hours together, we went around the room during the first meeting and described ourselves with one word. One woman took the air out of the room when she said that the word that most accurately described her was “unhappy.” What a thrill to encourage her as she opened her heart to Christ at the end of the three days!  She still has a lot of soul work to do, but she is in relationship with the Healer of her soul!  Between us, Beth and I managed to have concentrated prayer (through a translator) with each woman who attended. 


From Ireland we went to Latvia. The purpose was to do training in Kitchen Table Counseling—equipping women to biblically address the troubles they and their friends have. We met with small groups, counseled, and trained.  A highlight was walking a pastor’s wife through some intense personal healing. Our translator was a professional Christian counselor who had never witnessed anything like what we did. The beauty was that these two key women, who have many hurting women in their lives, experienced first hand, the inner healing that the Spirit of God wants to give each of us!  They will use that profound experience to lead others to healing! 

Check out BBI's report on Shelly's ministry in Ireland, written by BBI President, Chuck Kelly, complete with quotes and photos from the event.

No comments: