Thursday, April 30, 2015

Encouraging Feedback

Shelly and Beth Debriefing Latvia Near Beth's Home in Florida
Glen and I spent some multi-purpose time in Florida upon my return from Ireland, Latvia and England. He attended the COICOM Board meeting where he continues to serve as Treasurer.  Ministry feedback from the 2014 COICOM conference in Cali, Colombia was amazing.  COICOM is planning two international events for the fall, one in Colombia and the other in the Dominican Republic. We enjoyed reconnecting with many friends and supporters as well as helping Glen’s mom with things she needed done around her cottage.

I had the privilege of visiting with four of the women who were a part of the Spanish Bible study I taught in Miami. Two of the three had accepted Christ with me during the years of 2000-2002. Two of them are teaching Bible studies, as well as training small group leaders! All four are actively dying to themselves and coming alive to Jesus, offering sacrifices of thanksgiving and living mature Christian lives!!! I am stunned at what God allows me to be a part of--seeing lives transformed for His glory both here and around the world! 

The paragraph below comes from an e-mail I received after speaking at a retreat.  (I spoke at 2 retreats, taught Kitchen Table Counseling and several classes this Spring).  This lady eloquently expresses what I often hear about God’s work in women’s hearts.

You ushered the Kingdom of God into my heart. From there I yielded to His will for me to release pride and self-importance… In a series of moments of surrender and stripping me of earthly identity He asked me, “...With everything removed that hinders you, I am all that’s left… Are you able to let that be ok?”  I allowed God to fill my false self, my providing self, my protecting self by the power of His HOLY SPIRIT. He showed me His daughters’ bleeding hearts encapsulated in a shell of their own making…God showed me how He sees them. Beautiful. Vulnerable... He has ruined me in a glorious way... He is the repairer of walls using His living stones for His Glory.     Thank you from the bottom of His Heart In me... Your Kingdom sister.

No comments: