New Tribes Mission of Mexico is sponsoring a women's retreat for their tribal missionary women and the woman of another mission. These women live far from big cities and don't get much spiritual nourishment. I (Shelly) have been asked to be the speaker for this special retreat. Some of the women don't speak English. I have offered to speak in Spanish with translation for the newer American ladies who don't know the language well enough yet. There will be translation one way or another.A wonderful church in Klamath Falls, OR is bringing a worship team, prayer team and professional counselor too! When they aren't praying and singing, they will provide pampering options for the weary missionary ladies! My dear friend and prayer partner Verna Narwold is raising her funds to join me. She will be teaching seminars on encouragement and developing listening skills. Verna serves with International Training Partners who offer the Sharpening Your Inter-Personal Skills workshops. I will serve as counselor for the non-English speakers. Besides counseling and speaking at the retreat, I will also do a Kitchen Table Counseling Seminar in Spanish for pastor's wives and women in leadership!
I am excited! I have to raise nearly $900 (over and above our monthly support) for travel and expenses and I'm looking for some friends who will pray about participating in this challenge with me. If the Lord leads you to help facilitate this ministry you can donate online or by check to:
Paraclete Mission Group
PO Box 912576
Denver, CO 80291-2576
(Please state your preference: Shelly Volkhardt Chihuahua Ministry.)
1 comment:
You are a wonderful woman. God has given you many gifts. May He continue to speak through you to these beloved women.
Post a Comment