My fainting spell and hospitalization was the middle
of March. It was followed by many tests and questions. The conclusion was that I am a "fainter!" The only thing they discovered wrong had nothing to do with fainting. An artery in my brain is 40-50% blocked. Since March it has taken me a long time to get to feeling like myself again. Nothing really serious--just not
feeling great. Finally, since September, I feel like I'm getting
more and more normal all the time (which could be dangerous! My most recent ministry trip
left me with normal fatigue but also feeling energized!
 |
| Glen and I last summer with my folks, my sister and her husband |
Between March and
August, I had multiple troubles and side-effects with the medications they
prescribed for the blocked artery. After several tries and difficulties, it
seems like the current one is working okay. Side effects are manageable -- the
biggest being sticker shock from the medication. A full dose is nearly
$200 per month! I am on a smaller dose
and we'll see how that works. They say
that arteries don't become "unblocked," but we know the One who is in
the business of unblocking all sorts of things!!! So my prayer is that when
they do the CT scan next March, there will be NO block!! And if there is, we'll trust His
purposes. I am on an even lower fat
diet than before and that can't hurt either.
We are also being more intentional about my scheduling,
making sure that we schedule recovery periods after big weeks of ministry and don't
jump right back into busy life here at home. Also we've cut back on our hosting Home
Group to twice a month (it was every week) and that has taken a surprising amount of pressure off me.
I hope to have many more years of productive ministry for the King! We are so thankful for our friends who have prayed during this health challenge!
No comments:
Post a Comment