Thursday, September 13, 2012

Prayer and Praise


·         Thanks for praying for Shelly last weekend.  She reports a great time of ministry in Baja California.  The groups ended up being mixed-gender, which she was not expecting.  She thinks some of the most significant learning may have taken place because of her ministry partner who is a wonderful believing Catholic friend from Miami.  That was a paradigm shift for some.
·         This is a very busy week for the Paraclete Gilbert office, our new operations manager and me.  Pray for peace in the midst of much to do.
·         We plan to use a new payroll service (ADP) for Paraclete associate housing allowances tomorrow.  Pray for Paraclete staff as they work on the final details today. 
·         I travel to Honduras next Monday.  I’ll be attending the COICOM convention and board meetings—a gathering of media professionals and church leaders that I attend most years.  Pray for...
o   Fluency: I’ll be moderating four workshops and doing an interview with one of the event sponsors in a plenary session.
o   Strength:  The pace of this convention can be exhausting.
o   Good internet connectivity:  I need to be able to continue working on Paraclete projects from Honduras.
o   The event itself: 5,000 people registered for the whole event and 7,000 showed up for one of the public meetings last year in Paraguay.  The logistics are difficult.  The potential for learning, networking and building unity is tremendous.
 

No comments: