We have a big change coming up. On the 21st of October Shelly and I turned in our resignation from HCJB Global, effective January 1. I'll spend the rest of the year finishing up a couple of large projects. We've been thinking about this for a while, and it's been a serious matter of prayer since July.
As you can imagine, we are filled with mixed emotions, but the main feeling is excitement about the future. We don't have firm plans, but we have a clear vision. Shelly wants to keep doing what she has been doing--speaking to, writing for, and counseling women, calling them to a deeper walk with the Lord. She just got back from Chile where she spoke at three conferences. I'll put something up on the blog about that as soon as I get some pictures. I'd like to take my experience with HCJB Global to a broader community. That would mean working with missions and Christian organizations in strategic planning, governance, team building and crisis management. I was recently able to get some specialized training in board governance and I think there is a huge need for this among Latin American Christian organizations. We have made preliminary application to a mission called Paraclete that could become "home base" for us in our work.
Our application with Paraclete is preliminary at this point. They need to check us out, and we them. Finishing well with HCJB is turning out to be a full-time job. We may need some "in between" time for deputation no matter where we end up. HCJB is very helpful in that regard. They will allow us to continue receiving support for up to six months after we officially finish work. We don't expect to need that much time.
Check out a video that HCJB put together for us. They had to dig pretty deep in the archives to find some of the pictures! The posting that follows this one is a letter from HCJB President, David Johnson, to HCJB staff about our resignation.
Blessings,
Glen
No comments:
Post a Comment