From: David Johnson
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 10:29 AM
Subject: The Continuing Transition in Leadership
Dear Staff,
I am writing to you today with very mixed emotions. Throughout this coming year we will probably see many transitions as a new president comes on board. This is a natural process of new leadership, but it is still emotional when people transition. Last week I received a letter from Glen Volkhardt in which he indicates that he and Shelly are resigning from HCJB Global as of the end of December. In part he writes:
“Shelly and I have decided to resign from HCJB Global…We will always be grateful to HCJB for the incredible opportunities for service, growth and development that we have had here. The mission has asked me to do many things that were beyond my abilities, allowing me to grow into position after position. I have worked on everything from radio programs to hydro projects, from satellite networks to medical plans. I can’t imagine having gained this breadth of experience in any other organization.”
“There are many reasons that we believe it is time for us to go. Ending a career of 29 years (as of December 1) is not something you do for any single reason. A constellation of factors comes into play.” Among the factors that he outlines is a growing set of ministry opportunities for both he and Shelly outside of HCJB Global and growing frustration within.
“I also want to be available to HCJB after we resign. We anticipate a ministry that will allow us to serve a variety of Christian organizations and we will serve HCJB gladly.”
Let me say how grateful I am for having had the opportunity to work with Glen and Shelly over these last six years. I have found Glen to be one of the most capable and godly men I have ever worked with. His integrity, faith, work ethic, creativity and loyalty to HCJB Global are an example for us all. We all owe a great debt of gratitude to both Glen and Shelly for their selfless service and deep care for this organization and its people. While we are sad to see Glen and Shelly go, I know that God has other things for them to do for His Kingdom. I know that God has his hand on their lives and that he is opening doors that they never would have imagined. I strongly encourage all of us to personally express our appreciation to them.
We have set up a few easy ways for you to celebrate their ministry:
1. Click here to view a short video of their 29 years of service: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jctHOnFLcN0.
2. Click here to log onto the Hub and share any thoughts/well-wishes in a forum: http://www.hcjbhub.org/.
3. A farewell time is scheduled for them at the Ministry Service Center in Colorado Springs on December 10 at 2:00 PM local time. All are welcome.Please feel free to contact them directly should you have further questions about their decision and their future plans.
In His Service,
David Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment