I also spent time with a group of 25 women who had just completed a study of Kitchen Table Counseling. They put me at the head of a large table and grilled me with TOUGH questions for an hour! God gave grace to answer carefully, biblically and firmly.
Each woman wrote me a hand written thank you. Here is an excerpt from one of them:
This year has been one of the most difficult of my life in terms of growth AND trials...There have been times that have made me weep, but they also have made me believe more, pray more and depend more on our Holy and Good Lord. Finding your book has been a 'healing decision' for me. I know that God used every single word of your writing to bring out His glory in my life.
Your book has helped me realize how broken I was. Even though I was willing for God to use me, I wasn't aware of how much I needed Him. And how much I need Him in my process of restoration. Thank you, thank you God that He uses your mind and your hands for Him.
I have begun to apply every principle of Kitchen Table Counseling to myself and it has been turning my life, my character and my love upside down! The hardest chapter for me was the one on Forgiveness. I needed to understand it, deal with it and heal. I have slowly responded to this challenge and am dealing with it step by step. Without a doubt you have blessed my life, spoken into and taught my heart without your even knowing it. With infinite thanks to God, may He continue to abound His blessings and fill every place of your life in order to be able to continue to bless and transform the lives of thousands and thousands of women! Un gran, gran Abrazo (hug)!
In the new year, I plan to be meeting via Skype with a group of four women leaders to go through Kitchen Table Counseling in Spanish! Their church is filled with very young, new believers! It will be a joy and a challenge!
Your prayers and giving make these types of ministries possible! Thank you!

No comments:
Post a Comment