In September we hosted our friends, Eduardo and Paola Nieto and their two daughters from Bogotá, Colombia. They also brought along Paola's parents who we thoroughly enjoyed getting to know. Eduardo and Paola hosted me and set up many meetings for me in Colombia in 2015. It was a treat to be able to return some of their hospitality and show them some of Colorado!
I had the joy of speaking at multiple retreats, giving a different message at each one. The Navigator's conference center, Glen Eyrie, was the site of one of them. I took the picture of the big horned sheep who had congregated on the grass just outside my room! The feedback made it clear that God did work in women's hearts.
Here is a comment forwarded to me from the Women's Ministry director of Grace Chapel in Denver.
One woman told me on the way home that she felt like she finally knew how to climb out of the dark hole she’s been living in. She said “the retreat was a huge help; more than words can say.” (She was invited at the last minute, and I don’t believe goes to church. We had a cancellation and she was asked by one of our women).
I also spoke at a conference for the women of the Northern Mountain States Evangelical Free Churches in Missoula, Montana What a wonderful bunch of ladies! Besides speaking on Grace Strengthened Hearts in the four main sessions, I also did two break out sessions on Kitchen Table Counseling. Many shared of the deep impact that the Holy Spirit had made on them through the messages!
In mid-October, I spent a week in Oregon with my parents. Daddy has recently been in the hospital, and I needed time with them. The Lord "scheduled" it well, with a retreat for Grace Fellowship Community Church, which meant my travel was paid. We spent the weekend delving deeply into Kitchen Table Counseling principles. Two of the ladies came from northern Washington State. They have started training small groups of women from their church in Kitchen Table Counseling using our book and wanted to get more tools!
It usually takes me a week or more to recover after a trip and/or retreat. I highly value being at home and meeting with the women that God has given me to work with here in Colorado. Besides conferences, Glen and I continue to host and lead a small group. What a privilege to study the Word and pray together with this little group that has become like family! Glen and I continue to be very invested in caring for and facilitating the ministries of our ever-growing band of Paraclete associates who minister around the world. We also enjoy cultivating relationships with prospective candidates and following through on the references and interviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment