Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Culver Gets Married!

The date, June 18, was special on four counts for Culver (our youngest) and his bride, Karen Robards. Besides being their wedding day, it was Shelly's birthday, Father's Day, and Shelly's parent's 67th wedding anniversary!  A very special occasion in so many ways!

We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly thru the whole celebration. Shelly and I (okay, mainly Shelly) put on the rehearsal dinner, and we included all of the out-of-town guests, making it a dinner for 50 at Carl (our oldest) and Jamie's Coffee shop, Switchback Coffee Roasters, in downtown Colorado Springs.

It was an outside wedding, and the weather was perfect.  An exceptionally hot, dry June relented for the Sunday afternoon ceremony. We couldn't have asked for a nicer setting.

The two maternal Grandpas performed the ceremony. Jim Price, Karen's grandfather, is a retired military chaplain. Norm Cook, Culver's gandpa, a long-time minister, and missions professor, also married Shelly and me, as well as Carl and Jamie. Everyone loved their roles in joining bride and groom... and the the two families.

As I spent some time choosing some photos for this post, I found myself tearing up.  It was a special time in so many ways.  Besides the three shots in this story, I've made a collection of some of our favorites wedding photos. For the reception, I did a slide show of Culver and Karen growing up. Check out that set of photos if you knew them as kids. 


Rejoice with us!


No comments: