Saturday, January 01, 2000

More Pearls

Back to the Original Post       Download the Pearls
  • Share God- not your opinion!
  • Help her find her identity in Jesus, not in her wounding.
  • Don’t wait for my feelings- they’re not more spiritual than my will.
  • If we can smell like Jesus, we hardly have to say a word.
  • It’s not enough to choose to forgive… the healing happens as we name the hurts and bring them to Jesus.
  • Ephesians 1
  • In order to have a Resurrection, there MUST be a death!!! Death to self.
  • Release the desire of perfection and seize the power of Action. “Don’t wait until you’re ‘perfect’ before you begin.
  • Jesus is enough for this minute!
  • Teach her that Jesus is enough for Today!
  • Look at your house, what would make the biggest difference right now? I’ll wait while you do it.
  • Listen with Christ ears.
  • God created us to be loved by Him.
  • What a person feels is at least as important as what actually happened.
  • He will take your wrong note and turn it into a New Song!
  • Be careful not to identify or associate a woman with her wound.
  • I love you more than my right to hold onto this.
  • Identity in Jesus!
  • Be aware!! It is easy to create a dependency on us, when we want to point them to Christ +encourage dependency on Him. Caution!!
  • Most of the time I don’t feel like I’m becoming more like Jesus- I feel like I was run over by a 10 ton truck and dragged. 
  • Learn to accept compliments.
  • Take her to Jesus. 
  • Overheard in the hallway- “She is ALWAYS eager to hear a personal story.”
  • Be authentic, not a faker.
  • Encourage dependency on Christ!
  • What a person feels about a situation is often more important than what actually happened. Let her express her feelings.
  • Strive to be a terminal for God’s healing.
  • NO DISAPPOINTING LOOK! NO Judgment.
  • Don’t live like an orphan when you are loved by the King of Kings, you are a Child of God!
  • To truly be a spiritually mature Christian, I must choose 1) to die to self, and 2) to offer sacrifice of thanksgiving for difficult circumstances.
  • There is something about telling the story that causes change…
  • We are the fragrance of Christ to these ladies and the aroma of Christ to God.
  • As lay listeners, we are the Care Giver, but God is the CURE giver.
  • Help her think through the process, don’t do it for her.
  • Look for healing truth.
  • Ask if you can take her to Jesus (just as I would do if I were in that place).
  • Let her come up with her own words! Don’t always rush to “fill in the blanks” during conversations!

No comments: