Saturday, January 01, 2000

Shelly Needs Support for WOTH Ministry in Chile

All the funding came in! Thanks to all that had a part! Here's the original post.
_______________________________________________________

Have you ever wished that someone who has “walked in your shoes” would come to encourage you? I have. When we lived in Ecuador, I longed to talk with a mature woman who understood what I was facing.

Now, as a veteran missionary, conference speaker and encourager of women, I have the chance to do that for missionaries who serve in South America! I will be going to Chile with Women Of The Harvest from October 17 to November 1, to speak at two conferences. When registration opened the retreat slots were completely filled in less than a week! Now there is a waiting list! I will also “slip in” a one day retreat (while the team takes a day to sight-see) with a Bible Study for professional women and wives of businessmen in Santiago.

Women of the Harvest (WOTH) is an organization that exists to minister to missionary women through an on-line magazine, on-line Bible Studies, support groups, resources and retreats. They put on a “furlough” conference in the United States and two international ones each year. Missionary ladies are only pay for their transportation. WOTH raises funds for the cost of the conference. The goal of the retreat is to give weary, lonely, often discouraged missionary ladies a time of spiritual renewal, laughter, fellowship and physical refreshment. Even the hotel is nicer than a missionary budget affords and they receive all kinds of treats from “home” that the team carries down in their luggage (you should see us at airport check in)! WOTH recruits hair stylists, massage therapists, licensed counselors, color analysts, worship leaders as well as prayer warriors willing to give pedicures. I have challenged two of my friends to join me in this adventure. I will give the spiritual messages as well as pamper the missionaries in the afternoon. For more information about the organization check out their website: www.womenoftheharvest.com

Would you be willing to commit to pray for me and the team in this significant ministry? That is what we need more than anything else. However, as a WOTH team member I must also raise money for my expenses and a scholarship for a missionary, so the cost is high - $3500. This is especially challenging because Glen and I are also responsible for raising our monthly support for HCJB Global. For women's retreats in the U.S. my expenses are covered and any honorarium I receive goes into our mission account for our support so this is a paradigm shift for me!

In June 2006, Mimi Wilson, my prayer partner of 20 years and co-author of Holy Habits, and I spoke at the Furlough Conference for Women of the Harvest. We became convinced of the value of WOTH as we watched lives change. Mimi and I spoke each morning and gave pedicures all afternoon. What joy it was to serve those precious saints! We wept over their feet and prayed with each one. The Lord provided the funds for that trip through a single generous gift from dear friends.

Would you consider participating with me by helping to fund this trip? I will be grateful for any amount you send. Please make your check to:

Women of The Harvest
P.O. Box 151297
Lakewood, CO 80215-9291
note that it is for Shelly Volkhardt-Chile.
http://www.womenoftheharvest.com/

You will receive a tax-deductible receipt for your gift. WOTH needs the money to be in by September 19.

God bless you. May He multiply your resources and encourage you as you move ahead for His glory.

Together in Him,


Shelly Volkhardt
7070 Ashley Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80922

Home Telephone: 719-572-5623
Cell Phone: 719-310-2771

No comments: