Thursday, April 10, 2014

The View from the Middle

Associate, Carey Childrey,
coaching seminary students in India
I have a privileged position that allows me to see the work of all Paraclete associates.  Recently I prepared a summary of Paraclete ministry, gathering information about what our associates are doing, where they are going, and the feedback they are getting.  The task has been daunting, but a blessing; Daunting because Paraclete associates are doing so many different types of ministry in so many different places;  A blessing because no one else gets to see the breadth and depth of their results like I do. Here are a few number-examples from the last two complete years we have compiled:

Missionaries and other Global Christian Workers who were…
                                                               2013  2012
Counseled, mentored, coached or discipled:    2,267 1,375
Taught in churches, seminars and classrooms: 5,332 3,354

...and a note from a missionary couple in the Dominican Republic touched by Paraclete associates, written after a week-long soul care conference:

“What a gift it has been to hear your words---and the words of our Lord this week!  Your authenticity and vulnerability are a real blessing.  In our experience, missionaries tend to be independent and self-reliant.  We miss out by not being vulnerable---thank you for your example!”

Within a few weeks we will publish a printed 2014 Summary of Paraclete Ministries including more stats, photos, and stories.  I'll post a pdf version when it is ready.

1 comment:

Beth Niquette said...

You are BACK! It is good to hear from you here in blog land. I'm praying for you dear Shelly.

((hugs))