·
Sorry we haven’t posted anything here for a few
weeks. Life is full. :>) Shelly had a great time of
ministry in Washington state with the women of the Evangelical Free Church, NW
Region. She met one-on-one with 13 women of the 220 who attended.
·
A good while back we asked for prayer about a
vision problem Shelly was having. Now on her third doctor, she is finally
seeing some relief. It was a stubborn low-grade infection that is now 75%
controlled. She is very encouraged.
· Last Thursday I
received word that a biopsy had returned a positive result for Cutaneous T-Cell
Lymphoma (CTCL)--a form of cancer that manifests in the skin but originates in
the blood. I was surprised (Shelly wasn’t) since the only symptoms I have
are small red patches of rash. The treatment is simple for now and the
prognosis is good, since we caught it at an early stage. Some people live
for decades with CTCL. Pray for healing, understanding of the disease,
limited side-effects from the treatment and wisdom about changes I need to
make. Our church and home group have already joined us in prayer.
For now, the only impact this is having on my Paraclete work is time spent in
doctor’s offices and researching on the internet. My energy level and
general health are untouched.
No comments:
Post a Comment