
This dynamic group of ladies (the man is a pastor and works for the publishing company) posing with me in front of "El Portal," the most famous landmark of the mining city of Antofagasta, was the most lively of all the planning committees! We had a lot of fun together. They were all new to the church in the previous year and brought fresh and exciting ideas to the event! They want me to come back and do a longer Kitchen Table Counseling training.

Here I am standing with Juanita Albornoz in the courtyard of the President's Palace in Santiago. Juanita is the Evangelical Chaplain to the President and her staff. Chile's President, Michelle Bachelet, looks to Juanita for prayer and counsel. We met in Juanita's office and I had the joy of praying for her. I took a dedicated, signed copy of the book for both her and the President. In the dedication I told her that I had grown to love Chile very much but even more than the country, the people had grabbed my heart. The next day Mrs. Bachelet called to express her thanks for the book, her promise to read it and her wishes for a lovely stay in Chile.
Know Spanish? Read a letter from the president's office thanking the Mundo Hispano team for the book.
On the left is Alejandra Riveros, the young, dynamic director of Mundo Hispano, Casa Bautista in Chile. She did an unusually efficient job in orchestrating the events. I had three live radio interviews all due to her contacts. I grew to love her and her husband Edison very much. On the right is MaryJo, a brand new bride and pastor's wife. MaryJo had been assigned to be my "assistant!" She took pictures, made sure that things were going smoothly, picked me up and got me to the meetings. We had some significant time together and I believe God used it to add to her tool box for ministry.
2 comments:
Shelly--you got a call from the President of Chile!! Way to go! Rhoda and I are proud of you and love hearing of your ministry adventures. Keep up the great work.
Stan & Rhoda Jeter
SHELLY: HERMOSO TODO...
GRAN ESPĂRITU DE PERIODISTA!
UN ABRAZO MI HERMANA.
TE QUEREMOS!
Post a Comment