Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cannon Beach Retreat

The Village Baptist Women’s conference at Cannon Beach, Oregon (2/14-15) was a highlight for me in many ways! My mom, Muriel Cook, was my roommate! It was fun to have the “shoe on the other foot.” I am usually the one sitting in the audience when she speaks! The Lord did some significant things in women’s lives. One lady came to me on Sunday morning and said that God had begun a transformational work in her heart before she came to the retreat and that in each session; He had used the messages to continue that work! She said, “I am leaving completely different than I came! That was the theme of many testimonies that were shared. One lady stood up and said with tears, “Usually I feel beaten up at a women’s retreat, but this time I am going home so encouraged and affirmed!” Another highlight was speaking to the women of the Village Baptist Hispanic congregation in a special session on Saturday afternoon.

Shelly

No comments: