Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mundo Hispano Conference in El Paso

Thank you, thank you for your prayers for El Paso! It was a huge blessing. When I got there they told me that there would probably be about 60 at the Kitchen Table Counseling Seminar the next day. 124 pastors and leaders showed up on Friday morning! I spent 3 hours with them, trying to get the all-day seminar material into the morning--with the added challenge of having to use my English notes! They hung on every word and it is evident that God spoke to many and that they now have more tools for effective ministry. It would have been worth the trip just for that!

On Saturday morning, I got there early and stood at the door, welcoming, hugging, kissing and greeting all the precious ladies that came through the door. My heart was so full because I had given my ministry to Latin ladies as my love gift to Jesus when we left Miami because there has been virtually none here, but He just keeps giving it back to me in ways that I could never have imagined! The church, which has capacity for 1000, filled up and ladies sat in the aisles, choir loft, etc! With my knees knocking, I stood before them and told them that God had given me a Chinese body - since I was born in Taiwan, but a Latin heart! They cheered and clapped! Then I said, but I have a gringo tongue, so please forgive ahead of time, any mistakes I make, because they come from a pure heart! They loved that! They laughed and cried with me through the entire session.

I went on and spoke on the Healing Truth. Every time I cited a passage of Scripture, the rustle of turning Bible pages sounded like a waterfall! It was precious. It was a short 40 minutes but the Lord let me get in all the critical points. When I gave the altar call (the committee had asked for an altar call at each meeting), I didn't get to look at the balcony or right side, but saw at least 4 hands go up in the center and left sides to receive Christ. Then hundreds of hands went up indicating that God had touched an area in their lives that they needed to deal with! It was profound.

Two invitations for ministry in Mexico have come because of the time, as have some significant counseling opportunities! Thanks for your prayers! God is moving and it is SUCH a thrill to have a small part in what He is doing in women's lives!

Shelly

No comments: