While in Santiago I had the opportunity to speak to a women’s meeting at a local church. With all the windows open and fans blowing, there was no relief from the oppressive heat. I went from woman to woman introducing myself, seeking to find points of identification. Some had lovely colors or interesting prints on their clothes, a pretty dress, anything to identify. When I got up to speak I had personally touched each lady in the room who arrived before the meeting started.
I started by telling how I felt when people would come from the States all beautiful and together to try to bless us and I would wonder WHAT they could give me, since they hadn't been where I'd been? I told them that I hadn't walked in their shoes, but that we know the same God and He was going to be our focus today. They sat on the edges of their seats, taking copious notes. One highly articulate woman with her doctorate came for counsel and told me “estamos banqueteando!” We are feasting! I had the freedom to speak truth to her heart and she received it.
The Healing Truth message worked there. It seemed to touch similar, yet different chords – something I can't put my finger on yet. All through our trip, the major theme of people's responses was how they were encouraged to seek God because of my love and passion for Him.
One woman shared with the group her experience with the lie and the healing truth. She beautifully illustrated, from her culture how God healed her down to forgiving the wounder and on his death bed, how he asked for forgiveness!
No comments:
Post a Comment