Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A New Position for Glen

After four years as the Vice President of Personnel Development for the mission, I started a new job on October first. (If we had this blog up and running you would have heard about this sooner!) The new position is called Vice President of Strategic Planning and Ministry Development. It's a big change and I'm looking forward to it. Since the beginning of October, I've been out of the office more than half the time. (See more on the trips in other postings.)

In the new position I'll be looking after four things:
  • The development and implementation of a planning process for the mission.
  • Participation in strategic decisions as they come up and as requested by the president.
  • Looking down the road to help plot a course for HCJB World Radio.
  • Shepherding the mission though a change management program.
I think the Lord has prepared me for this job. It feels like a good fit. At the same time, the magnitude of change that we are facing as a mission is overwhelming. Pray for wisdom and courage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

7-10-'06
Hi! We (Dad and I) just read through your blogspot. It's wonderful! We learned a lot. So proud of Carl and all his graduation honors. And Culver's ranch award! Didn't know Glen was going to be at the Asian meeting right now. Happy to know that Shelly and Mimi were able to do a conference together. Looking forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks.
Much love, Mom and Dad V.