I've been involved with COICOM since it's begining in 1993. It is a grouping of Christian communicators and mass media users for Latin America and Spain. Because of conflicts with mission commitments, I missed the conference this year. Shelly was able to be there for part of the event and taught a seminar on developing intimacy with God. I arrived as the conference was closing and joined the board for meetings after the crowds went home. This was a smaller and more focused convention. We had 850 registered participants, plus around a hundred Bolivian volunteers.
Like many Christian organizations, COICOM is going through a major change. Our dear friend, Raul Justiniano, stepped down as president earlier in the year and the transition to new leadership has been very good, but difficult. Pray for Arnold and Sigrid Enns. Arnold is COICOM Executive Director and CEO.
For more pictures of COICOM 2005 check out the COICOM website.

No comments:
Post a Comment