Recently some new associates described the thrust of what they do as a "Ministry of Presence". I was struck by that because that's how I think about what I do! And the question going forward is what does my ministry of presence look like? I anticipate continuing meetings on Zoom, Facebook Messenger and FaceTime. The challenge is mentoring, teaching, encouraging and praying with women without being able to reach across a table or the couch and touch their hand, or hold them as they cry. However, I'm seeing God continue to work through the technology, with deep, significant conversations, pouring hearts out before the Lord.
During this summer season, I am meeting with people at parks and keeping meetings at a safe distance! This helps my need for face-to-face interaction! Not sure what will happen if the distance needs to continue into cooler weather.
We are currently scheduled to travel to Boise, Idaho July 13-17 to, once again, present our cross-cultural training seminar to the Mission Aviation Fellowship candidacy group. We also plan to visit with the Paraclete associates in the area. We will wait to see how things progress with Covid-19.
I am scheduled for three weekend conferences in September, a ministry trip to South Africa in October and a women's conference for Spanish speaking ladies in Virginia early in November. Glen's travel schedule includes several conferences--however, we are holding everything lightly and trust the Lord to show us His plan for our schedule!
We would also love to make a trip to Oregon to see Dad as soon as it seems safe enough for him to have us trooping in and out of his house.
Regardless if we travel or not, meet face-to-face or via technology, we are committed to continue to seek, in every way possible, to touch lives for Christ, introducing Him or encouraging growth and development and an ever deeper spiritual walk.

No comments:
Post a Comment