Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pine Valley

Shelly spoke at Pine Valley Bible Conference Center's two women's retreat this year. The center is east of San Diego in the mountains.  The retreats were on back-to-back weekends, and we used the time in between for Paraclete associate reviews and some other California meetings.

These were my first Women's retreats!  I was in hiding most of both weekends.  A teenager asked me if I was the man she had seen sneaking into the speaker's room!  Busted!  Actually I got a lot of work done sitting on the Wi-Fi in the dining room.  Ever done a mountain hike with 50 ladies?  It can get interesting.

We loved being at the camp.  The staff is an amazing set of godly servants.  Attendance was great--245 the first weekend and 350 (capacity) for the second weekend.  Ten women, that we know of, accepted Christ for the first time.  One from the first weekend came back and gave her testimony the second weekend.

I enjoyed a hike in Nobles Canyon both weekends.  The camp is on the edge of the Cleveland National Forest, some territory that I had never seen before.

You can listen to Shelly's messages on the Pine Valley media page.

I posted photos of Shelly speaking on our Picasa Web Albums.

No comments: