Our home group is studying Paul Miller's book, A Praying Life. I've been challenged by his take on what it means to pray like a child. We understand that we have to come to God for salvation with nothing to offer. Somehow, we seem to think that we must have our "house in order" before we can pray. A house in order is a good thing, but I can easily allow that value to cause me to bring a false self to the Lord in prayer.
I'm also sad to say that with all my thinking about a relationship with God, I haven't always approached prayer as if there was a real person on the other end of the conversation. It is refreshing to pray through the day to the Person who promised to always be with us. I've noticed that I'm praying about little things more--the things that seemed "not important enough" for God. The Person of God is interested in my interests, even when they are misguided. I receive guidance, even when it seems that my prayers are unanswered.
No comments:
Post a Comment