Thursday, August 10, 2006

Singapore

I should have posted this long ago, but here goes. In July I had the opportunity to go to Singapore to participate in the Asia Pacific regional conference of HCJB World Radio. 38 of us gathered from India, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Papua New Guinea, Singapore and the U.S. My role was to lead discussions about the future direction of the mission and the changes that we are facing. We went over things like our agreed upon "ends," mission core strategies, and the big goals on our horizon (ask for a copy). It was a great time and I got to meet some of our staff for the first time.

HCJB has offices in the YWCA in Singapore. It is a beautiful facility in a great part of town. Of course, it's hard to find a bad part of town in Singapore. The city reminded me of some the best sections of downtown Miami, Florida--urban, wealthy, tropical.

No comments: